Jerry is a Giraffe, and this is actually our 2nd round of Jerrys. The original Jerry was yellow, trimmed in green. When those got too yucky and I couldn't find any more anywhere, we switched to the green Jerry. Thank goodness Regan was young enough at that point that she didn't know the difference!Jerry came as a gift from Rob's good friend in TX. His name is Jerry. We needed a name and the name stuck. Regan has slept with Jerry for as long as I can remember. We first started with a little bear, much like Taytum's, but somehow we switched to Jerry.
Taytum always had a pacifier and never got too attached to any animal...though she STILL sleeps with her bear...but Regan didn't do the pacifier thing. She did the Jerry thing. When she started to get teeth, she sucked on his poor antlers. This is why the yellow Jerrys got so yucky. I found more at Target and bought some so we could wash Jerry and also have some backups. That didn't take the smell out of them completely... So we switched to the green Jerry and we've stuck with green ever since.
I did find a new PINK Jerry and tried to do the same switcharoo, but Regan wasn't having it. We have at least three green Jerrys and Regan no longer sucks or chews on the antlers and ears. But we still throw Jerry in the wash to 'give him a bath' and we wrap his head in dryer sheets to help with the smell, which seems to have gone away FINALLY!!!
The rule was always that Jerry stayed in Regan's bed. That was the rule with Taytum and her pacifier also. But for some reason, Regan must have been sick and we must have been soft, because Jerry made the migration from her bed to the rest of the house! UGH! So Jerry is seen tagging along with Regan inside, playing makeup, jumping on the trampoline or getting pushed around in a car! However, I have put my foot down for Jerry going past that! We may have backups, but Jerry must NOT leave the house! I just can't imagine if he were to get lost!!! And can you imagine this face if he were lost?...
There is no doubt that this little girl love her Jerry! Sometimes I wonder if she loves him more than her mommy!!! :o)
...and the saga will continue with #3 (Kirby) I'm sure. When Regan wouldn't take the PINK Jerry, we passed him on to Kirby. Yes, I know the thing is PINK, but for some reason, he's still a HIM! Regan calls him Pink Jerry, but I'm trying to combat the 'likeness,' so I call him P.J. for short. We will have to see if we have the same attachment with Kirby. She sleeps with him now and she sure does love on that little bugger!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment