Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Florida 2008

The plans were not to head to Florida until the fall because of soccer tryouts and clubs merging. With all that was to be going on, I needed to be around town. Well, I got my rear in gear and made my team before anyone else! Suckers!(...not really!! hee hee) That allowed us to take a trip to Florida. It was last minute and Regan did NOT travel well, but it was a lot of fun. Check out the (bazillion) pics...

A first touch of toes to the sweet, salty waters...



I know I'm biased, but my girls are the cutest on the beach!

Taytum and her Gramps (my dad) making it happen in the sand!

I love the action shot of Taytum bringing water for her and Gramps to use for their castle!




Regan's first encounter with the sand was alllllll gud!



Just the feet this year...in a few years they'll be burying each other up to their necks!





I just LOVE this pic!! The backdrop is horrible, but what can I say?


...the dad and the granner (my mom) enjoying the day...




To me this picture screams, "what do you want me to do with that? i'm tired, i want my bottle and i want to take a nap. i'm done here."


So much for me getting a tan!! Mom is still needed!!


Taytum was trying to catch fish in the net. When she was unsuccessful she resorted to 'clubbing' them to death! HA HA HA HA!


Regan and Granny enjoying the beach!




Yes, we did spend time in the water! Here are the girls with Dad, Granny and Gramps. The water is awesome here and it was calm enough on most days for both of the girls to enjoy as well!





We actually had friends visiting Florida at the same time!! Two of the girls that I coach were down there with their families. One of the girls has a little sister that is Taytum's age. The two (Taytum and Lucy) usually get to hang out at soccer events and such, but now they got some time on the beach together. Lucy's family rented a house right on the beach. We packed up everything we needed for Regan and headed over for the day...

Here are the girls with Lucy's dad venturing out into the waters...

Not sure why she was running, but I dig the pic!

This particular beach was much more crowded. Taytum had a blast, but as you can see, she was very intrigued by much of what she saw...either that or she was tired and zoning...


Here's a good one of Taytum telling Lucy just how she is supposed to skim board. Mind you, my know-it-all child has never even tried it!! Then here she is turing to tell someone else that Lucy is doing it wrong! SHEESH!

Regan did take a bit of a nap at the beach house. When she woke up she was slow to join the fun but she eventually ventured out of the arms of her mom and dad...


The best part of when Regan finally ventured out on her own was that soon after everyone went their own ways for dinner. Regan found the little sand 'pool' that some of the girls had been playing in and claimed it as her own...


With a shovel and a bucket both as big as her, Regan was as happy as a clam (HA!) for quite some time. It was also a very peaceful time on the beach. Most of the beach goers had gone on to dinner... quiet, calm and peaceful... I could have stayed there forever!! Well, I did linger as long as I could!
******************************************************
On one of our last days in Florida Gramps, who LOVES to fish, took Taytum out for her very first fishing experience. It was only to the lake in their neighborhood, but it was a first for sure!


Not many fish to catch. It was pretty darn hot! We didn't plan well so we went out in the heat of the afternoon! We did catch ONE fish, but that was it! Next time around Gramps promised to show Taytum some 'real' fishing! We can't wait!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

oh wow. it looks like you guys had a fantastic time! i so need to get to fl!!! my fav pic is the one of regan with her head in the sand bucket- now THAT tells a story!

Daniele Brown said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!!