Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Some More Firsts

First Steps!!!

OK, so I don't have a picture, but Regan has taken some of her first steps! The first ones were yesterday while Taytum was in the pool for swimming lessons. I was walking around with Regan...you know, she was walking and I was behind her holding her hands. We rounded the pool and she saw an overturned bucket that was full of toys. Before I knew it she was off for it! I'd say she took about 4-5 steps on her on before she reached the bucket and braced herself. Then today she has taken a few here and there... I like to stand in front of her and hold her hands, but not let her GRAB on to me. So she'll be walking forward with some help and I'll let go of her hands. She takes about 2-3 on her own and then falls! She's funny because it's like she knows what she's doing! Sometimes she will giggle like crazy once she has done it and other times she flat out stops when I let go of her hands...she'll just lean forward and drop! Crazy girl!

First Words??? Maybe?
For some time we have thought that Regan was saying "night-night" when it was time for bed and/or naps. But she would also make the same "niii-niii" sound when she was talking about our dog, Maddy, or outside. So it was confusing to know if she really knew what she meant. And so Rob and I have been working on the whole "ma ma" thing. I THINK she's onto it!! She's also hitting the separation anxiety thing, so when I leave the room I hear the cries and a bit of "ma ma!" Alas...Rob comes home from work, goes upstairs and what do I hear from Regan?...cries and "ma ma!" So maybe it's not a first just yet!!

No comments: